Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 PM
kooka7
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I've booked it in to be looked @ by Ford - 140$ it will cost me. I am sure it's something to do with the system most likely needing a good flush. Solid state = needs looking at. Blinking state = don't drive as damage can be caused to cat conv.

Their 120K service offer is in the 1k vacinity also and will most likely get them to do that too as there is absolutely nothing in the service log book and not even a dealer stamp... my cousin pointed me to the windowsticker site where I entered my VIN and a whole myriad of info came up that I would otherwise not have known!

We don't get these in Australia at all... so a good learning curve...

K7

Originally Posted by berry1234
I would get it into a shop or at least a place that has a code reader and find out what codes are being thrown. Many auto parts stores will read them for free. A scanner can be had for $80 US if you can not find someone to read them for freee. It's a good tool to have.

Once you have the codes you can go from there. Without them anyone would be simply guessing what is causing the light to come on. I wouldn't continue to drive it though without finding out, you could be damagin your catalytic converters which are very expensive.