View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:28 AM
Elder User

genscripter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf View Post
i know it has been answered, but I'm not understanding, if i were to put a wvo 2 tank system in a 94 7.3 power stroke, and had the wvo filtered and heated, why can i not use the stock mechanical pump? is the oil too hot for the diaphragm? i do like the redundancy idea with a separate pump for the vo, but how do i keep the mechanical pump from deadheading? or are you bypassing it completely, and putting in an electric aftermarket one? maybe if someone could do a quick sketch i could get it.

stock pumps will get clogged or damaged by the vo plus you don't want to ruin your stock pump if you get a problem with yoru vo pump, which will probably be compromised from all the veg and heat flowing thru it. Plus all the fuel lines leading up to and after the stock pump are steel, so those will react with the WVO.

The best way is to get a duralift pump dedicated for the vo.

Do avoid deadheading, just make sure you bypass your return from the filterhead to somewhere on the return to the diesel tank after the second or third selector valve. something like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

From the thread..... http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...ne-delete.html
1988 Ford E250 Club Wagon | 7.3 IDI + RD2-90cc IP + Hypermax Van Turbo Kit | C6+GVOD w/ MaxOD Deep Sump & Electric Temp Probe | Wrapped Pipes & Turbo w/ Auber Instrument EGT/Boost Gauge | 4" Dia. Alum Driveshaft | 4.10 Gears | 32-gal Custom Alum fuel tank w/ Centroid sending unit | NAPA Coolant Filter | Michelin LRR 16" treads | Chrome Warn Winch Bumper | 115W PV Array | Brass Heatercore shutoff valves | Aftermarket Steering Stabilizer | Synthetic Lube all-around.
1998 Jetta TDI.