View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah well - last year it was either use seeds from the seed bank I keep, or order online. I like to bag cheap seed packs wherever I find them, and try new stuff when I can and for some reason last year the DG store never even put up a seed display. No garden pesticides either, so I was fairly well screwed.

Also - although lettuce is a better cold weather plant than summer, it got so dang cold it just plain KILLED all of my lettuce sprouts about a month ago.

The temperature has been going up and down so much my outdoor thermometer acts like a damned motorcycle tachometer...

The last couple days it has gone up to 60, down to twenny, and right back up into the fifties and sixties again (measured at noon).

I had a bad time with tomatos this last year too, barely got any at all with the heat and the bugs being so bad. Hopefully this is the end of a long cycle with the weather, and from here on out we can expect some more moderate climate. I just got done setting up a terrarium with two new kinds of lettuce from fresh seed, and the above mentioned potential houseplants.

~We will see...