View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 12:38 AM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seuadr

hi! glad to be here. been doing a few things to the truck - i've got some bilsteins waiting to be installed, just installed a backup light (white night) and a set of new speakers and sub. I also just yesterday installed the redundant steering wheel controls, i got a harness out of a donor wheel on ebay. unfortunately, that didn't work. I don't know if i need a BCM flash to make it work or what - i wanted it in anticipation of an aftermarket head unit, so i may just wait till i get that to worry about it. i also have some hub rebuilding in my future - the ESOF hubs aren't locking automatically, but work if i lock them in manually. not getting the defrost all the time issue, so i suspect it is either a hub leak or a vacuum leak in the line. i figure, they should be pulled apart, inspected and re-lubed with new seals anyhow, so we will see where that leads us.
The first thing to replace is the vacuum lines at the front wheels. Use the best grade of hose you can find. If your hubs are held on with the snap ring, pop them and apply a coat on the outer seals. That might fix your problem. All of the others that you have listed is good luck trying to marry Ford wiring to aftermarket. I tried and could not make them work except for the heater and cruise.