Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 PM
BigBadCHP
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to pull an aftermarket radio out of a firebird my dad has to replace mine in the mustang gt. I was real happy to notice it had a tach on the column! Same tach I wanted to put in my truck and my dad let me have it. Think I'll put it in this spot. Thought about putting it above the turn signal stick, but might be too bright at night and block the guages.

Good speakers for the doors

Pulled the cluster to clean it and replace bulbs.

Original speedo bushing thing was toast. Grabbed one from an '85 mustang cluster I have. Needed to cut the flat parts off the original to use as a form of washer under the screws since the speedo would tilt side to side without extra rubber.

I didn't like the bright white that was stock on the tach, so I got a couple blue filters that fit over that size bulb from a couple '97 crown vic rear defrost buttons. Now the color is a little more like the factory gauge color. Pictures don't do it justice.

Took bulbs/holders from a 75k mile Crown Vic cluster and replaced most of the old bulbs. (old on left, new on right)

Hard to see with my phone camera, but the tach is about the same tint, but the brighter bulbs make it look white, camera doesn't take very good low light shots either.

Going to cut the dash trim/face bezel to fit a newer radio in it. It's broken and has been cut, so I'm not really ruining anything. The metal support for the older radio will be bent back to avoid cutting, I'll just have to make a hanger to hold the rear of the new radio up. Might work on that tomorrow!

Found this pic on google. Inspiration!!