View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
isaac3384
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
78 F250 SuperCab

I picked this beast up about a month and a half ago in trade for a couple old guns that were just collecting dust. It has 86k original miles on the factory 400/c6, and is is darn good shape for being a farm/ranch truck. It was kept in the barn and primarily driven on the farm; that being said, it has never had a license plate mounted on it, it has never had tail lights, and it has never even been registered! The interior needs a little work (front seat, dash pad, and headlinerare all showing signs of their age), and the paint is a little rough, but those are just minor details. All of the typical rust spots are as solid as a rock, but have some surface rust. When I picked her up, she hadn't ran in about 2 years. I dropped the tank to clean it out only to find that it was clean and dry. I used an old liquor bottle as a 'catch can' of sorts when I purged the fuel line with air, and there was absolutely nothing in the line. I found a break in the wire that energizes the starter solenoid, repaired that, installed a new battery and dumped some gas down the carb and she fired right up. I still need to change all the fluids and replace the fuel filter, but she runs like a champ. The heater even works on it!

As far as my plans are concerned, it will receive air ride (for ride quality, and parking low), some mods to the flat bed to make it more useful (like under body boxes, one of which will hold my air compressors and valves), 3" drop beams to get it a little lower, a dually conversion, and milled down 22.5s or 24.5s. I'm also considering the Eagle Alloy 20" direct bolt on dually wheels to keep cost down. The interior will be restored back to factory, and I still havent made up my mind on the color it will be.

The headache rack is already gone, and has been replaced by 6" chrome miter cut stacks that are flush with the roof line. They are basically flush with the top corners of the cab. I don't like the stacks that stick way out like a sore thumb, but I do like stacks. This build will kind of be farm truck meets restomod. Most of my friends don't approve, but they aren't funding the build, so I really don't care...lol