View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 10:07 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I do drain the tank manually. The way it was explained to me was the cooler you keep the tank and incoming air the less water it will produce. Condensation comes when the tank gets hot and cools. If the tank stays cool you will get less water from the air. I am looking into putting a desiccant dryer to further inhibit condensation. Just having cold air going into the tank has cut down a lot on the water forming in the bottom of the tank.

The water never gathers in the condensor because the air doesn't stay in it for long, it only passes through. The pressure bleeds off when the compressor turns off so, the trapped air in the condensor exhausts and doesn't have the chance to expel its water. Only the top 2 or 3 runs ever get warm.

I got the idea from a local compressor sales and service store. They tried to sell me an intercooler for $250 and I got this one from a friend for free. It does the same job as the fancy schmancy intercooler.

Ross, that is exactly the condensor I have, a serpentine aluminum unit. Very efficient for my application.