View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 08:42 PM
mechanic58
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Just picked up a '62 SWB Uni-body

Just picked this up today...I certainly didn't need it - I knew that going in. I saw it on craigslist last week and I thought to myself "Man...sure would like to have that - but I sure as hell don't need it"....lol. I even went so far as to call the guy and ask questions about how rusty it was. He was very optimistic when he told me he thought it didn't have "any" rust on it. We've all heard that tale before and so I just took it with a grain of salt and finally 'forgot' about it until today. As my luck would have it the prospect of a new job took me to Waco to submit a urine sample for a drug test and the lab where I had to go was just a few mins down the road from where this truck was. So I looked through my call logs and called the guy when I got done and arranged to go "see it". I figured what the hell - I'm already up here, might as well go look at it. I was mainly just curious to see just how rust-free this thing really was. I knew I wanted it before I even got my car parked in his driveway...lol. I can't wait to get it home now and get it cleaned up and running. It has a Y-block with a 3-speed (been converted to floor shift) and I got a clear title to it. The engine appears to be recently overhauled - the guy I got it from is just a go-between, he never did anything with it except store it briefly. It looks like someone tried tuning it up and got it cross-wired. He said he put a battery in it and it tried to start, but it was backfiring and carrying on. I don't figure it'll take much to get it running. I have owned several of these trucks over the years - this one is in amazing condition. I have never seen one this vintage with cab mounts as pristine as the ones on this truck are. I was shocked when I looked under it.

Here's a new video I made today (Jan 5th):

Last edited by mechanic58; 01-05-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added video link