Thread: GM Woke Up
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 12:04 PM
V10KLZZ71S
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by FordLariat
I've seen SBC engines all my life, and I have never seen one do anything that a 351w can't do. If judge how good an engine is by how easy it is to get parts for it and fix it, then you can tell that you are a fan of Chevy engines. I can see where having a million in each junkyard is good for Chevy fans, because they're always needing something replaced.
10-4, Start looking at how many older chevys smoke compared to older fords that smoke, its not even close.I believe the only advantage the chevys had over fords thru the yrs was better flowing heads.My wife has a 2000 tahoe 5.3,crappy shifting, whining fuel pump[loud] dealer says its normal,so its normal for them to be heard 30 ft away.Gm products will always nickel and dime you to death,sure some get excellent peformance, but for the most part they are too unreliable for me.For yrs in consumer reports the most unreliable pickup was chevys and gmc,it still might be that way, havent checked lately, dont really care,until Ford becomes unreliable i will always buy Ford.
ps: my wife had the tahoe before we got married.