View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 07:15 PM
wolfpackfan94
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are correct. I dug into it after work today and realized that the red/black, green/black lines were just teed off of, so they were feeding both valves. I ran a new solid line from exit to pump and used the old one with valve to the fitting at the thermostat on the manifold. I wd-40'd the old valve and it is moving. Fired the truck up and let her warm up and, presto, I got heat. The blend door was working as well as it blew through all areas tried.

Weird thing though, after doing all this and starting the truck, it wouldn't idle. I had to hold the gas down a good bit to keep her running and when I let off it completely died. It isn't a vacuum issue that I know of, because this happened before I hooked that vacuum line back up to the manifold and had it closed off with a vacuum nipple plug. The only thing I can think of is when I unhooked my temp hose loop on the block, I lost some coolant out of the hose. It leaked down on the alternator and wire "rats nest" in that area. I then rinsed the area of with some water poured out of a bucket. I am wondering if maybe some moisture is messing with the electrical system and causing rough running?? I was getting 14+/- volts though when it was running? Any thoughts?