View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 PM
wolfpackfan94
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1974 F100 Heater Hose Diagram/Pics

I have a 1974 F100 with the 460 and factory a/c. I am looking for a picture of how the heater hoses connect from the heater core to the engine? Does the hose on the right or left of the heater core (looking from under hood) attach to engine near thermostat and which one connects to water pump area?

Also, on mine each hose has a heater valve with vacuum hoses attached. Is this the stock setup? Each hose (inlet and outlet) having a vacuum valve on it? I haven't been able to find any pictures that show this? My hoses are red and I am not sure it this has been changed before and somehow rigged up different than stock. These were unhooked and ziptied up when I got the truck due to a heater core leak, with the heater core bypassed with a small loop right at the block.

Any help would be appreciated. I got the old core out and new core in and I am ready to hook the hoses back up. May spring for two new valves just because the old ones are rusty looking, but I would like to hook the old hoses back up to at least make sure the new core isn't leaking.