View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:50 PM
scoobyvanjack
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seat placment

yeah about the earlier comments. been working the body for sometime now (in my spare time) finally closed in the engine. pained me to do it but i never got around to getting another hood so i cut the one i had. came straight out from the sides. this was more of an interference than i expected. closed up was ok but could not swing the arch to open the hood had to make another longer adapter that placed the seat about 3" forward still enough leg room but in hind sight my side cover should have been angled back about 30 degrees. would still have room for the carb. and maybe have the seat in the normal position or back to the previous adapters. had to get a banjo fitting from edelbrock that is a 90 deg. pipe with AN-6 fitting that ran along the bottom of the carb. got another an-6 to a barbed adapter that is also 90 deg to turn up (was running into the head) and clamped a hose to that.
before i start to drive it a i need to make a heat shield to protect the whole set up from the headers, never simple.