View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 01:30 PM
dcagnolatti
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Col Flashman
Custom Cab equipment consisting of striped woven nylon-saran upholstery with gray vinyl bolster and seat facings, handsome two-tone instrument panel, chrome trimmed instrument cluster, white steering wheel with attractive chrome horn ring, foam rubber in seat cushion and back, attractive two-tone door paint treatment, left door arm rest, sound deadener on floor and rear cab panel and insulation on firewall, right side sunvisor, illuminated cigar-cigarette lighter, bright-metal grille and headlight assembly, bright-metal windshield reveal molding, matched locks on both doors and of course the "Custom Cab" emblem on both doors. The Custom Cab feature was the only optional trim level available for the F-series trucks in 1960.
Thanks for the info! The original upholstery in my truck is long gone. Two-tone instrument panel has been painted over one color. Still have the white steering wheel and all white dashboard *****. Horn ring still there. Two-tone door pain is painted over one color. Left door armrest is missing but easily replaced with a reproduction part. Sound deadening I presume is still in place, though I haven't checked. Right side sun visor has been replaced with a new one (both sunvisors). The cigarette lighter is missing. Bright metal grill and headlight doors are going to be re-plated soon, and the bright metal windshield reveal molding was lost in a previous restoration. Some of the attributes remain, so I guess I can keep the emblems on the doors.