View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 PM
niteowl
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response.
The link you provided was for 4x4 calculations but I was able to do the calculations on Tremec's web site and it plugged the gear ratios in for me so that made it easier.
My wheels are actually 26.1 on Tremec's calculator. I am not sure where the extra height comes from cause when I calculate it I get 24.25. The tires are 235x.60x15. I like the low stance of the truck.
If I understand correctly if I want to go with larger wheels at a later date I can switch up to 4.11 rear differential to help balance things out?

I think the lower ratio transmission will work best. I want it to be quick on the take off but not a racer. I will certainly be pulling loads with it so the extra strength pulling on the low end will be good.

I will not be able to start on the truck until next spring but I want to figure out all of the components I will be using and begin acquiring them over the winter. I need just about everything but the engine and rear axle so there will be plenty of bits and pieces for me to acquire. I think I will end up fabricating a transmission mount.

I have no idea what I can use for headers though as I do not know what the clearance is going to be once I get the drivetrain aligned.