Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM
mhopton
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bunky383
Ok. I've only had our expy(2007) a few weeks and actually haven't used the res. We also didn't get headphones with it either. But I was thinking, why would you want to listen to the dvd's audio in the rear while driving? At least with our young kids, dont want kids shows blaring in the rear. Better to get some headphones and do it that way. Or is there something else I'm missing?
You are exactly right - at least how I see it. We have 5 kids and went on ebay and bought 5 new headphones with the A/B channel so that they could watch a movie w/out us having to listen to it. Now, we can listen to the radio and talk while they watch star wars for the umpteenth trillion time....

That said, with a new dvd headunit, we could run an output RCA cable from the new headunit to the RCA inputs on the RES and then play the movie in the front so that my wife could watch it and the kids could see the same movie in the rear. At that point, we could listen to the sound over the radio if we chose to hear it that way. However....to do that, you have to install the Pac audio TR7 remote trigger module to override all of the safety features.

More reading to do...