View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW!

Well after about a year or more of thinking and looking at the Ford website and printing out a ream of dream trucks, I finally made up my mind and ordered a new one. I ordered a 2014 F350 SC 4X2 with the 4:30 axle, and 6.2L engine. I am trading in my 05 F250 SC 4X2 with the 6.0L diesel. It's been a good engine but the added expenses of owning a diesel just doesn't seem to make sense anymore. I told my friend who has the 6.7L that now the price of diesel will probably come down now that I am buying a gasser. He said, "thanks"! Then right after I placed the order I read here on FTE, that the SD trucks are changing in early 2014 to be a new 2015 and who knows what goodies will come with the new upgrade. I can only imagine a higher output engine or maybe a turbo, that will really make me mad that I finally went and ordered a new truck. But on the same token, I have purchased new vehicles in the past that were first off the line and had problems with them that were created by the manufactures rush to get the new product out. This is how I get to sleep at night by rationilizing that the new trucks will have bugs in them and mine will be perfect since it's been tried and true for a long time! Now comes the long wait to hear from the dealer and get a VIN number, and hopefully a time frame for completion. I hope it gets here before the first of the new year, it would make a great Christmas present, EH!