View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 PM
bullmoose11
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a lot of research on the web and youtoob last winter on LNG and CNG. So you can take the youtoob references with a grain of salt if you like

Every one is selling their own version of CNG and LNG developments.

Me personally, If I had a natural gas pipe to my house for a dryer, and a bunch of bucks maybe $6000 and a FI 4 banger Toyota PU, I would try it. But, We only have propane at $2.11 a gallon.

Apparently the Return On Investment is approximately less than 2 years with Federal IRS traceable rebates, If you know what I mean. . In Oklahoma compressed LNG using a compressor from the dryer pipe is .61 cents a gallon.

My Comment: Since almost every home in America has NG to the family clothes dryer, The Gubment hasn't figured out how to tax it for motor fuel yet.

One Oklahoma guy said he was getting 81 MPG (because the LNG was dry vs gas being wet) but I'm not sure I believe that. Propane is supposed to be a little better at MPG than wet gas, but 4 X for LNG is hard to believe. Maybe he meant it was 4x cheaper than pump gas.

The USA home family dryer connected "Fill" Compressor is available on eBay for $4500. The "fill" compressor operates on 110VAC household current, and takes overnight to fill a 10-15 gal tank.

The 4 cylinder CNG conversion "KIT" for fuel injected 4 cyl is ~$1100. The Kevlar wrapped high pressure (3000 PSI) tanks were $600. BTW: SCUBA tanks are 3000 PSI rated.

There is youtoob of a factory in Italy with a whole line of cars maybe 100 they were converting to CNG and or Methane. I think they make the "Fill" compressor.

I will post all the youtoob videos and eBay stuff If people are interested. But I have had a long day Im Tired and it will take me some time to search for it.