Old 10-09-2013, 06:48 AM
SilverT
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ketchacar22
Well, easy to see that is not the concern.
Anything you do, once I say the area that is down to sheet metal, plus the fenders, I have a lot of questions, but none of the answers will aid you.
Any where there is clearcoat failure, which is most of the top surfaces, will require taking down to bare metal and an acid etch primer, a sealer and a new base/clear application to make it right.
The "bed liner" resolution will only be a short term, maybe two years or so answer.
Let me put it this way--"can you make a Band-Aid stick to a dusty or dirty finger?".
Those area's are lifting from the sheet metal, and that means going back down to square one, starting over from bare metal, with the correct materials and process.
Shoot me-I am only the messenger with 40+ years of dealing with such, for most of the vehicle manufacturers around the world before I retired.
You are absolutely right. I wonder what his final decision was. I'm a huge fan of bedliner anything (lol), but trying to half-**** a hood in that condition is setting himself up for bad or worse. Not to mention it would look pretty ugly. No offense, it's just the truth and I hope he did what was really best.