Thread: October chat
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
Anywho...... I have $557 worth of seals, gaskets, bearings and the like sitting next to me as I type this. Going to try my hand at building a Powerstroke Saturday morning. Anybody wants to come hang out with us at Dave's is welcome. Assuming Dave doesn't have issues with that
I've been meaning to ask you this for a couple of days/weeks now. I'm assuming all of those parts are for the '96 you were talking about picking up? FoMoCo used the same 7.3L block/heads from mid-94 through 2002? Heck, is/was it the same block from the beginning of the 7.3L? I know the heads are different...but the block/lower end? I do wish you the best of luck with the motor build. Still say now would be a great time to upgrade to a smaller more efficient PSD.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
OK my AR brethren, I have been conned into working on a PSD once again
Holy smokes...you must be extremely bored
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I know this sounds crazy, but I can screw the guage into the port where the sensor goes and it will start, take the guage out and put the sensor back and it won't even hit even with the sensor unplugged

Not sure what the hipop pressure should be, but this one varied anywhere from 1500 to 3500 PSI.
A little advice and maybe a few pointers would be greatly appreciated.
I know... back away slowly and turn and run, run long and hard
I wouldn't run away from a PSD, but then I'm twisted a little different than most. I thought the HUEI system has have 2500 PSI high pressure oil before it will fire the injectors...but that might be a 6.0L thing. Are you sure the CPS is good? Sounds like your bleeding HPO somewhere if the thing will try to run with the gauge in.