View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn Aquasport17 that sucks! sorry to see that....well at least Ford is taking care of you.

I have heard the radiator problems and fuel injector system failures and I have heard about a few dropped valve issues. These are few and far between I am sure considering the number of diesels on the road.

However I have not heard about any catastrophic failures on the 6.2. I am not saying there is not but I certainly have not heard anything about it.

Plus my worry is what happens when the warranty is up? I tend to keep vehicles a long time....If I traded up every few years then maybe it would not be so bad. But when I bought my truck I do consider when it is out of warranty I can work on it and I wont have to mortgage my home for parts or an engine.

The power of the 6.2 is great.....as far as passing power it would be right there with the diesel from highway speeds. Both trucks are very close to the same hp and that's what counts from highway speeds....from a dig its all about tq and that's where the diesel is heavy!

But I don't have my truck for drag racing I have 2 cars and a crotch rocket for that....if I wanna go fast I have my choice.

I will be keeping my eye open for the 2015 models....if they direct inject the 6.2 it will be a significant power boost!

Until then I will keep loving my 6.2 and not have to worry if its gonna grenade itself!