View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM
aquasport17
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am considering just that. My 2011 6.7 Crew Cab with 36,600 miles on it is in the Ford dealer as I write this getting a brand new long block motor under warranty. I lost an exhaust valve which dropped into the cylinder and blew the piston and rod - put a hole right in the motor. Oil everywhere.

You can see the video I posted here:

I have also had a failed radiator and had two injectors blown from the head due to faulty retaining clips. The truck has been perfectly maintained by Ford and I never tow anything more than a few thousand pounds once in a blue moon.

When I get the truck back, it's going to be traded. I am leaning heavily on the 6.2 because I really like the Super Duty compared to other brands. I don't tow huge trailers (I have a 6,000 lb GVW toy hauler). I bought the diesel because the 5.4 I had in my 2009 was a complete dog and I had had enough. Went for the big power, and big expense.

When you add the $8,300 sticker price of the diesel option, $150 oil changes, $300 fuel filter changes every 20K miles, $50 in DEF every 5K miles, and more money at the pump for fuel - and THEN you add the complexity of these new diesels so they meet emissions, it's VERY hard for me to justify another one.

I'm on the fence, because I love the spine crushing feel of the 800 foot pounds of torque when I merge on the highway. But not sure it's worth it.

I'm wondering how you guys are making out with the 6.2, which is what brought me to this forum.