View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 04:02 PM
DSN46
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle body gasket leak?

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to ask a quick question to those who would know if this situation is "normal" or not.

Bought my Ex with 68K miles on it. Has always had just a "slight" miss to it at idle. You can feel it in the steering wheel. I replaced IAC valve with Ford part, cleaned throttle body, checked all vacuum lines with carb cleaner, replaced all plugs and boots with Motorcraft parts. No leaks from exhaust manifolds (thank goodness... no broken bolts).

The one thing that bothers me is this: the intake manifold, under the throttle body, has this sort of "oil sweat" on it. Just under the throttle body... the rest of it is shiny clean silver manifold. Is this dirty kind of sweat I'm seeing evidence of the throttle body gasket leaking? Or is this substance on the intake manifold just normal gunk that collects under there?

I guess I should ask... is a slight shudder in the steering wheel while parked at idle just normal for the V10? Never owned an engine bigger than 350 cubic inches.. so these big engines are new to me.

Any experience or advice is very much appreciated!

James

Last edited by DSN46; 09-17-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Forgot something