Old 09-17-2013, 09:14 AM
joegeds
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Scored a recall kit for dual fuel tank crossflow issue

I must be living right! A friend of mine works at a dealer service bay and said his boss would sell me this kit for $250. For that much, I could buy a new tank and sending unit and fix the problem right, so I told him no thanks. So, thanks to another poster, he alerted me to the same kit on E-bay for $40!

Came from a dealer down south that was closing his doors and he was selling all his stock. I originally thought the kit came with just the two check valves that attach to the top of each tank. But it also comes with a fuel pressure regulator. The regulator that came with the kit does not match what is on my engine. The new one has an extra "tab". You can see in this pic that it is the tab pointing downward that is sitting on the tip of my ring finger:

You can see the old one kind of peeking out from under the first manifold. The new one in my hand is in the exact orientation as it would fit on my engine (I believe). So, I'm thinking I need to cut that bottom tab off so it will fit. Here is a pic of the existing regulator on the engine. The new tab would be sticking out towards the left in this pic.

As you can see, there is no room for the tab, so I'm going to cut it off. Do you guys agree with this? I don't want to eff this up because these kits are far and few between. BTW, the little bag of parts in the first pic that comes with the kit has new hex screws, o-ring, and gasket for the regulator.