Old 09-16-2013, 07:55 AM
CARV
Mountain Pass
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My truck is a 2006 F250 Supercap short bed. I changed the front springs to 5C3Z-5310-CA(6000 lb SPRING) and removed the factoryhelper spring from the rear. That madethe truck fit to ride in with the camper hooked up. Before on a concrete highway with the expansionjoints you seriously needed your seatbelt. Brand new truck with about 500 miles on the clock, towing the camperfrom Maryland to Sparta, IL on RT70 when we got to a smooth spot my wife said,we are selling this truck. Keep in mindI have owned nothing but Ford trucks for the past 40 years and have been towingthe whole time with my wife, first complaint. The spring changes did help, I still own the truck. Everything probably comes into play so I’ll tellyou about the whole rig.<o></o>

<o></o>

Camper is a 2004 Prowler, 26 foot. This is a heavy camper for its size GVW7,980, guessing from the drop in the truck when hooking up, tong weight over1,000lb. Hitch is a Reese WeightDistribution System w Shank - Trunnion Bar - 12,000 lbs GTW, 1,200 lbs TW and aReese Dual Cam High-Performance Sway Control.<o></o>

<o></o>

Truck actually rode quite well without using the weight barsbut sagged a little and swayed at highway speed. This past year, I added a Club Car gas golfcart to the mix, loaded in the truck bed. The ride is better than it ever has been.<o></o>

<o></o>

This link will take you to my original post on the ride andwhat was done to fix it as well as where I got the info on the spring weightratings. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/846305-front-spring-tag-from-a-06-6-0-f250.html Interesting that Ford cannot tell you theweight ratings of the springs. Well theycouldn’t at the time I was looking for the info and I am friends with a partsmanager.<o></o>