View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Aoc230
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this is an old thread but if its of any assistance to other so be it lol. Mine broke of flush with the engine head so I used an ez out and vise grips(the real deals not no crappy tire junk there is a diference lol) and an air hammer from under my 2000 f150 with long tubed headers installed so its possible for everyone . Like others have mentioned it does at first seem pointless and u go now where slow lol, but mm by mm it'll come out. Once a little bit comes out it'll come out very easy from that point. To be honest though I'm not sure a hammer would of done it for me as it took a while with the air hammer, I mean 20-30 minutes and one couldn't do that much hammering in such confined space. Ct always has a set on sale for 99$ for the 4 pieces(plus 100 & something assosorie set) good to have if u do ur own work a lot. Torque/rachet/hammer/cut off tool. I'm really not sure it woulda come out otherwise after seeing how much it took the air hammer to get it loose. But if u don't want to buy an air hammer and feel hopeless otherwise, the part that's broken inside is a good 3-4" long so pulling the pan and hammering it from below is an option, I mention this as I was scared to do this as I really wasn't sure there would be anything to hit if I took it off!
Good luck and do it urself don't fork out a few hundred $$'s for a 20$ part