Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,895 Likes on 1,145 Posts
There is no problem running B100 in any PSD. The fuel system can handle it just fine. Cold weather operation depends on the feedstock the B100 was made from and the gel point can vary from <30*F to >80*F. (commercial B100 is often ~40*) I would keep a sample of recent purchase in a water bottle and place outside as it starts to get cold - and start adding D2 as needed to keep it from gelling.

Many report initially changing filters, etc due to 'cleaning out the fuel system' - but none of the vehicles I have put B100 in had that problem. I recommend ANYBODY who wants to run 'alternative fuel' in a PSD install a fuel pressure gauge post-filter anyway - then you'll KNOW if/when a filter is plugging up!

Also, ALL PSD's should do the 'in-tank' mods that delete the factory in-tank mixing chamber and non-serviceable filter. Just use something like a WIX 33972 before the pump (don't use anything 'finer' than 50 mic here - 150 mic is ideal).

WMO? Bad idea. There are a few claims of 'success' running blends of WMO, RUG, Kero, etc - but they are far and few between (and their success is often reported through rose-colored glasses ). The fact is, WMO blends will produce copious amounts of toxic smoke from the tailpipe and eventually coke up the combustion chamber. Lots of engines have ended up in the scrap metal bin as a result of this 'experiment' - but very few people come back on the 'net and say they failed.... I always say 'Choose wisely - or please post pics of the carnage'.