View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Wow, look at this monstrosity. It must be close to 40 feet long!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-350-XLT-Lariat-Crew-Cab-Pickup-4-Door-1990-FORD-F350-DIESEL-TOW-TRUCK-/321196019653?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ac8c64fc5&vxp=mtr
Too bad it is 2,130 miles from here, and a 5 speed manual trans. Not too mention huge. I don't need the ability to haul two vehicles at the same time, at least not when I am just starting up, however, I could always grow into it. And I would need to change front clips, as I don't like that particular style, but a flatbed tow truck would eliminate the need for a trailer. For $3,500 it is pretty cheap too. Wonder what the diesel bill would be to drive it from Tennessee to Fresno? (edit: $582 IF it can get 15 mpg on the highway)

Hey Joe, you ready for a road trip? Would only take us 32 hours of driving time to get it back here, we could take turns. Fly out there, buy it, then drive it back. I have figured out a possible way for me to be able to drive a manual trans truck, but have not put it to the test yet, so I don't know if it will work. Would be interesting to say the least. I would need to park it at a storage facility though, there is no way I could park it in my driveway without it sticking out into the street as my driveway is only 30 feet long. And if I parked it in front of my house, it would block the neighbor's driveway. LOL Even if the driveway was long enough, I doubt I would be able to back the truck into it. Not much room between my house, and the ones across the street. However, it sure looks cool. Gale Banks turbo kit would work on it too. Would need one to get that rolling giant moving. Wait, Scott has a HUGE driveway. I could park it there.

Already sent a message to the owner asking if it had AC and cruise control, and whether or not the tags are current. Even asked what kind of mileage it gets on the highway. Quick! Someone talk me out of it!!! LOL.

Jim