Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 PM
DanTheMan221
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roll bar with integrated stacks on Raptor??

I will be buying a '13/'14 F150 Raptor within a year and I have an idea but lack the technical know-how & hands-on experience. I will be using the truck for WORK - towing trailers, getting into hard to reach locations in all seasons, vehicle recovery, etc... At times I'll be operating in some sketchy areas and I want to install a roll-bar just in case "stuff" happens. I've also entertained the idea of converting the stock exhaust to stacks - this way I need not worry about ripping off the tailpipe over a ditch or snow bank.
...I have an idea of installing a roll bar that doubles as exhaust stacks - I guess you could call it "stealth stacks" if you wish. My idea is to have the roll bar installed in such a way that the exhaust system could be ran up thru the front part of the bed & into the bottom of the vertical section of the 4" roll bar. After some thought, I have decided on having MANY 3/4" holes drilled into the underside of the horizontal part of the roll bar (where lights are often mounted) in an "honeycomb" formation. Reason for these holes being on the UNDERside of the bar is to keep rain from pouring in and causing trouble (rust). The 40 to 60 (not sure how many) holes would be drilled in 3 staggered rows (I called it honeycomb) extending nearly the entire width of the horizontal bar. If it doesn't get too expensive, I'd like to include the installation of long tube headers and Flowmaster mufflers but I'm not sure how all of this will work considering the location of the catalytic converters - like I said 1st off, I'm no exhaust technician & that's why I'm asking this question here. Speaking of things getting expensive, I have thought of having the roll bar & braces made from heavy-wall, 4" stainless steel - I know, I know. MONEY. (I do have a way of getting material like this at much less cost)
I guess I don't have any particular questions.... I would just like some honest, unbiased opinions of this idea. Do you see any potential problems? Do you think it will sound goofy? Will it be too restrictive?
If there are any experienced auto mechanics or exhaust professionals in the house, throw in your 2 cents (or $2). Thanx!

Last edited by DanTheMan221; 08-30-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo