View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any changes to the 2014 SD or 6.2?

I am wondering if anyone has heard of any major or minor changes to the new 2014 Super Duty trucks. Also whether the 6.2L enginge has any upgrades as far as torque or horsepower?
I am looking to move to a 6.2L engine from my 6.0L diesel. I don't tow as often as I did in the past and am looking at getting a newer truck but still would like to have a good tow for my RV. I pull approx. 12K# and have been following the 6.2 site to see what others are saying about that engine. So far most seem very pleased with the 6.2L though you cannot make everyone happy I know. My choice would be to go with the 4:30 gears to help make up for the loss of torque going from the diesel to gas.
I have a friend who has the 2011 6.7L diesel and towing the same trailer as I have, is only getting 6 - 8 mpg towing. I get 11.2 towing with the 6.0L and I know from what I have read so far, that the 6.2 would get about 6-8 mpg towing my RV, but I wouldn't have to pay for the diesel package and all the rest that goes with it to get the same mpg results.
I would be interested in any thoughts that those on the site have on their 6.2's, and what if any problems they may have experienced.
Thanks