Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
460 ford stuff.

short block get bored and torque plated and pistons zero decked. Run a cam around .540 to .560 lift and close to 10 to 1 compression. Depends on elevation on compression.don't go cheap on timing chain!!! I run solid cams but need a zinc addative if running this. gonna go roller on next build/upgrade. Cylinder heads D3VE will do this but the positive stop rockers will have to be machined for 7/16 studs Extra expense to be figured into build. To get 300cfm ports need to work the turndowns/throat into intake valve and smooth out intake ports gasket match to intake. Work the exhaust and mpgheads make port plate for reversion to help on flow. need a 1 7/8" header tube 3" collector, good place to start. All header are not created equal L and L does a good job! this will get you in the 500 hrspwr and hiperf/towing application. MSD igniton and phaseable rotor. 750cfm or bigger carb. Like the airgap intakes but the intake is a spreadbore intake and have to get a adapter plate to modify to a squarebore. Not hard to do but annoying. bought a 4 hole adapter plate and machined out to a big 2 hole adapter plate. Catch you later and any question drop a message. I use MPG heads cams and scott has done good work for me over the years and decent on pricing! cuts solid and hyd and rollers for me and no complaints.