View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:21 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by joshofalltrades
its good to see you have the sense to try this in a bottle not an engine! i read your title and thought we had another guy screw himself over by mixing the two.

but as we're on the subject of mixing fuels, i see a number of local gas stations selling a biodiesel blend - is there any chance of that raising hell when i mix it with WMO? i haven't tried it yet, but thought i might see if anyone else has experience with it
Excellent question!!! Maybe I'll whip up a dr pepper method batch just so we can try this. Or I guess I could blow the dust off and fire up the 'ole BioPro and cook up 50gals...

Looks like we will play with the blend we have mixed up again today. Charging up the camera, maybe I'll make a corny video like our friend does - hopefully without acting so creepy!!

Planning to pour off the top and segregate the 'light' stuff, then collect the sludge off the bottom. We'll heat the stuff off the top up to 180-200*, pour it thru a coffee filter, then let that settle.

No luck yet finding a microscope that takes pics - but, we'll be looking at the sludge under ours and will report what we see.

Wonder what the other 7th graders are doing after school today? (I cannot remember when mine played a video game last. ) This kid's kindergarten teacher pulled me aside shortly after school started and asked if our truck really ran on french-fry grease. He literally does not remember my truck not running on WVO... I always say they'll need SOMETHING to tell their therapists later in life!