Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes032
Excuse me God of all things automotive....
R134a.. is that better?
Not to be too nit picky but Freon was the trade name of refrigerant gases produced by DuPont. It's since become a common term used to identify any brand of refrigerant gas. That being said...........

While Mr ProjectSHO89 is wonderfully short of words look at his contributions here on FTE---his longevity and sheer number of posts suggests he's NOT a rooking at many things automotive. He has over 7500, joined in January of '04. You have three (including your retort), joined August of '13. Look at the FAQ's as he recommends---he's the author of that.

I'm also guessing his taking exception to terms, names etc etc stems from being exact in his approach to auto A/C repairs----the wrong thing related can create problems in some instances. I'm in the auto glass biz and react similarly when someone calls my urethane adhesives "its just glue......" which it is so NOT!

People taking their time replying to questions here do so in order to help. Its better to listen and not be so thin-skinned so early on in a new membership here.

As another aside trying to diagnose and repair A/C systems DIY without the proper tools OR knowledge almost always creates more problems than originally existed. Find a known local, experienced and trusted A/C mechanic---pay for good work and enjoy the cool they bring!

Peace, Out!