View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:04 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by mikey350
Fault codes, P2033 - powertrain - exhuast gas temperature sensor circuit high, bank 1 sensor 2

P2084 - Exhuast gas temperature sensor circuit range/perfornmance bank 1 sensor 2

P20E3 - power train
P0297 - power train

The sensors arent very cheap for these things are they? I may have a spare set off of a 6.7L that I could try swapping out if they would work on it, but I am unsure completely which sensor it would be, he would know, but not me.

Reason for the delete suggestion by him was, so the truck would run better, bit better mpgs, and no more head ache of problems like this in the future.

appreciate the feedback so far!
OK, you need to know exactly what the guy is suggesting. First of all it's a violation of federal law. I doubt anyone is looking to bust them on it but you should at least tell them they will be out laws. Also, if you have diesel emmissions or a visual inspection where you live you will not pass with the DPF deleted.

However, if they can get past those two things then deleting the DPF and DOC (same as cat on cars) and replacing them with a DPF delete pipe will make the truck run much better especially in stop and go traffic. The oil will stay cleaner and engine wear shlould be reduced. The truck will no longer "clean exhaust filter" as the filter will be gone.

To do that you must have the pipe for the exhaust and a tuner capable of deleting the DPF. H&S makes excellent tuners but because of an agreement with the EPA they no longer sell "delete capable" tuners. So, be careful, to delete you must have a tuner capable of programming the delete out of the computer. Like someone above said there are some speed shops that are selling delete capable H&S minis that they have unlocked. There is also a company called Spartan that makes a very good delete tuner. As far as I know they are still doing business right out in the open. Gee, wonder how that happens. There are also some on ebay from time to time. I would google "DPF delete" and see what comes up and take a look at Spartan Tuners.com. The installation once you have the parts is pretty simple and can be done by any shadetree mechanic.