View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 07:18 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 342 Likes on 208 Posts
Re: Re: Re: not impressed with new Cummins speed

Originally posted by AAFD
I have already spoke about price, as for warrenty, diesel both have 100k of warrenty the same, as for tranny, dodge is now having problems with there auto, and they still can't use a exhaust brake which would give Ford/GM an advantage! Compaired to the Cummins HO the ford has more power in both catagorys!

KC

"The Cummins 600 Turbo Diesel is the latest generation of the legendary Cummins B series engine. Cummins has manufactured over millions of B engines to power trucks, buses, boats, agricultural equipment and industrial equipment around the world.

In these commercial applications, reliability, durability, and efficiency are essential. The Cummins 600 Turbo Diesel has 30% fewer parts than competitive V8 diesel engines. With over 1,000,000 Dodge engines built since 1988, the Cummins Turbo Diesel has earned its reputation for durability and quality. We often hear from customers with over 500,000 and even 1,000,000 miles on their Cummins-powered Dodge Rams."

-Cummins Engine Corp.

Now, which would you rather have, this or the 6.0L PSD that is so plagued with problems Ford has actually had to buy back some 500 trucks to date??

Yes you can exhaust brake the Cummins, no the auto. isn't a problem anymore and if you are worried the 6-speed manual is the best choice in a truck anyway. And no, the warranty isn't the same. We got 7 years/100,000 miles on ours. Ford couldn't even touch that and it was the final detail that made us buy Dodge instead of Ford for our work truck this time.

Now, I'm probably going to be banned from the site for saying "Dodge". But oh well...if Ford doesn't like it they should have put together a better combination. It's not my fault.