View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Got the futon last weekend but since I live in two different places the truck ended up being in WY and the futon is in CO. I have it spread out in the garage on a balnket to keep it clean and so far a few minutes of test time says its comfy. I didn't get to do a fit test yet...maybe this weekend or next. Hoping I can just sort squeeze it in between the wheel wells without having to trim it.

We did a test run sleeping in the back with a couple of camp pads. Not quite enough padding even with the BedRug helping to level and cushion a bit. Of course my dog wanted to climb in so I let her...even a 40 lb heeler can take up a lot of room, but I could see how happy she was to join us.

If I get some time I'm gonna make a shelf along one or both sides of the bed where the topper sits. I think I can use the clamps to secure it in place. Just something that will stick out about an inch and have a small lip. That should make the bed rails large enough to store some things while we are in the back.

I got the blue flexible LED lights installed up under the bed rails and they are a bit too bright for me. I just wanted a bit of mood lighting so I'm thinking of putting a piece of electrical tape over every third LED or spraying some of that Night Shades paint on it.