Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Rentaro
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help oil pressure gauge not working, new to me truck, 1993 F250 4x4 extended cab automatic

I have read through countless posts on here about the oil pressure gauge.

I understand that it is basically a glorified idiot light, and will work if there is atleast 7 lbs of pressure.

I also read you can convert it to a regular gauge, which I will do at some point: Ford Oil Pressure Gauge Fix

I just bought this truck, and it has not showed oil pressure since I bought it (few days ago), I towed it home and have not started it since previewing it and seen that it has no oil pressure on the gauge.

They claim that the gauge quit working 4 months ago and they have been driving it since... but I'de rather be safe than sorry, truck does sound pretty good, and starts right up easily.

Most people say to install an aftermarket gauge, since these trucks idle around 8-10 PSI pressure I want to get a gauge that has the numbers spaced out so that its easier to tell what its reading... if that makes since. EDIT: (just found out its called a wide or full sweep gauge, not a short sweep)

I dont really see any recommended kits... I know that I want to use a sender... dont want to run the risk of an oil leak at an extra spot and dont want an oil line running into the cab.

If anyone has any recommendations for a good gauge kit let me know.

I am wondering... if I hookup the gauge and still have no pressure.... what all could it be?

so far I can only think of two things... oil pump or clogged pickup screen.