View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Eddiec1564
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
I finaly got around to rewire my bus. I totaly removed the aux battery from the front pass side and made up a new battery box under the steps. What made it nice was the steps were all metal! I just added frame work to support the MUCH better battery from the steps to the frame.

Just found where that factory aux battery is located on my bus. It was right under the main battery tray. The only way to properly get to it is via the headlight opening!!!! What a stupid way Ford did.

Anyway, that junk is all gone and where the aux bat was located I put the new charging solenoid there. I got to get a new alt belt as the old one is glazed badly and few more battery terminals to run the charge wire directly to the alternator. I should get much better charging as I have eliminated probly 4' of what looks like 8ga wire with about 3' of 4ga wire!

I did finaly find info about the Carrier AC systems, I posted in this forum. They are PDF files so some may not be able to read them.

Here's the link:

http://www.transportaircon.carrier.c...US-en/T299.pdf

Let me know if that link doesn't work and you need that file. I'll try emailing it.