View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Mowing Man
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been following this since the first post, but forget whether the wiring harness between the IDM and the 42 pin connected was VISUALLY checked for any insulation missing off of the wires. For that matter, how about between the 42 pin and passenger side Valve cover harness? I had a short that was only intermittent and everything would ohm out. Apparently it would take a bump or jiggle to make it short which then sent a message to the IDM shutting my whole drivers side bank down on some kind of safety mode. I ended up having a wire stripped inside the protective corrugated tubing.each wire needs to be carefully and individually inspected. You're not looking for a huge gash, just a flake missing here or there. Since I had that happen, I also had another short on one of my alternator wires, so for me, electrical is always the first place I look. While a short is frustrating to look for, at least it's a cheap fix. Just needs electrical tape. If this has already been tried, I apologize for duplicating previous advice. Good luck!