View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
StreamlineGT
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A total of 40 sick kids had the opportunity to ride in an Italian car in the parade. No small feat, but what an amazing journey it was, seeing 40 "supercars" traveling down Farmington Ave, paying no mind to the quiet nature of the residential landscape. We got to open them up a bit, yielding big grins from all that witnessed. Every child was given a hat, and a CCMC teddy bear, as well as being treated to lunch at Max Burger.

Being my first year participating, I did not know what to expect. In recent weeks, I've been a little capricious with my credit card. Not wanting to go empty handed, I brought an extra bright red hat, complete with Scuderia Ferrari Shield, and official licensing. Upon my arrival, I was a little sad when all the kids had new, white, LaFerrari embroidered hats on. I explained to her what I had done, and before I could finish my sentence, she whizzed the hat off her head, into the arms of her mother, and fitted the Rosso Corsa cap snugly on her head. She wore it proudly, with a certain style, knowing very well she was different, and had something special no one else had. Fitting, given her condition.