View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 AM
FORDSVTPARTS
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kermmydog
I'm not sure I would call them muscle cars. Maybe of the younger generation that never drove of rode in a care like a 69 Road Runner with a 426 Hemi, or a Ford with a 427 FE motor, or a Chevy with a 427 or 454. When you were pushed back into your sit by torque that you couldn't pull yourself forward if you life depended on it.
Those were muscle cars. Here was one from the day.
Craig
The car you posted isn't even a muscle car, it's an A/FX altered wheelbase drag car.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge muscle car fan, my last one was a '69 Skylark with a built 455, TH-400, Chevy 12 bolt posi with 3.36 gears. Massive torque in that car but it couldn't turn or stop, got 8-10 mpg and was very, very basic in almost every area.

I sold it in the early 90s and miss it to this day and one day I will own another.

But, the current hot hatches are very quick (drive one if you don't believe it), they handle like go-karts, they have great HVAC systems, stereos and get good mileage at the same time.

The hot hatch is more of a Pony car though, cars like the Mustang (amusingly the original pony car), Camaro and Challenger are the new Muscle cars.

-Steve