View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Riderman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beechkid
I agre...f you are not going show-quality, figure $25K to 35K as the baseline
Which will make it worth about 15K or less That is just the way it is. They say it is a labor of love... Like the OP stating "I could buy one already done up. Yes. But I've had her for about 4 years, and would rather pay more and get this one cleaned up." There is a price to be paid for that. No body pay's for sentimental value!

I have a 76 F250 4x4 that has been in my family since new. Trust me, I know the price of sentimental value!! All of the people in my family that have owned it have passed away. I could probably sell it for about a 1/4 of the money that I have in it, not counting me and my brothers labor. (My brother totaled this truck around 1982) We have had the frame corrected and then replaced as well as 3 cab's and 3 bed's. LOL

BUT, one cant put a price on the feeling one gets when they drive their beast down the road, playing music (place favorite song here) on the radio or CD thinking of their family and their truck! I feel that is is that worth the money.

Ps: I have pictures of my then 2 year old daughter standing under this truck, is was\is factory height, and she is now getting ready to drive it. Awesome I say.

I apologize for the hijack OP!