View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I already planned on using the donor trucks 8 lug axles, no doubt about it. I've found a few and most are automatics, but they are quite high mileage (which normally wouldn't bother me) except the truck looks like hell which makes me believe maintenance wasn't of there top concern. So this leads me my next question - how much would just a completely bone stock PSD rebuild cost? I've seen shops offering to overhaul everything from spraying the wires to rebuilding the turbo for $5900 which is WAY out of my price range especially for a donor truck that is only gunna cost me $2,000.

As for the body lift, the guy I met at broncorama had a 3" on his, but I feel that with some fab work I might be able to not have to use a body lift mostly because I don't like the look of them.

Manual vs Auto. I'd rather have the automatic transmission because, well honestly I don't know how to drive a manual. (but I'm not afraid to learn so I've been considering it. The only thing I don't like is the lengthy shifter which is sadly required.)

As for upgrades. I've read about switching to electric fuel. There is another upgrade about switching a solenoid? in one of the computers to one that allows more electrical flow increasing power. And this guy: