Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
a7xbass94
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Expedition Exhaust Options - Need Help

I am in the market for a new exhaust system for my 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the 5.4L V8. On my 01 Expedition with the 5.4, I had a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler on it and loved it, but that muffler moved on to my brother's Hemi Jeep once I got my 08.

I want the truck to sound really good and be pretty loud, but not obnoxious on the inside. My old one had moderate interior resonance, which was definitely tolerable. I just don't want a huge drone.

My question is - do I go with another muffler system, or opt for a full cat-back exhaust? I didn't notice a resonator on the 08, only a huge muffler, so I think the muffler will do a lot of good on the 08. My issue with my 01 was that it had 4 catalytic converters on it for the emissions standards in place that year, which really dampened the sound. Does the 08 have a stupid number of cats as well?

Looking for any and all recommendations. Don't want to spend a crazy amount of money on this either..trying to stay below maybe 500 dollars on parts. The muffler is obviously the cheapest option, but I am also considering a more expensive catback. So far I am liking the option of the Flowmaster 40 series delta flow, but am very open to all options.

Any input would be great! Thanks in advance.

Here is my 01 just after the 40 was put on..sounded way better once it was broken in.