Old 06-14-2013, 12:12 PM
pozner
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CMPeiffer
I have a 2007 Expedition EL and I have a few of the listed issues. {snip}
... Ford has had to stop making them because of a missing component they cannot get & they are on Back Order. They project a ship date of August 5th to September 3rd?? REALLY??? OMG!! HELP!! This is my MAIN source of transportation!! Has anything come of any class action suits on this matter?
First, are you depending on you shop doing all the work? But will you be doing some of this work yourself and save big bucks?

You said you had the "EL" ("Max" in Canada), which is the 131 in wheelbase. I have been been trying to help a friend in Canada (I'm in Fla.) with his FP problem (same as yours). From doing hours of research, I can't locate a FP for the 2007-2008 "EL". The ''07 to '10 are supposed to be the same.

Using Rock Auto (they're great) I found they show the FP for the long wheelbase Expy for 2009 & 2010 (less than $390). However, the question is, will it fit the '07- '08? The other question is this: Many of the Expy's FP problem may actually be the FPDM. The FPDM is available from Rock Auto, but "EL" owners say they can't locate theirs. Standard Expy owners have located theirs.
My question is this; Can you actually locate your FPDM? It might be the problem (or not). (Less than $57).
My experience is with the Bronco II, so I don't know squat about the Expeditions.