Thread: 2010 F350
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:50 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I am looking at getting a 2011 SRW F350 Crew Cab long bed. I am in a fortunate situation that if I hold it for 12 months over here, I won't need to pay GST on importation, and I only need it to pass a road worthy (not be fully ADR compliant) so RHD conversion is cheaper. I am looking for a truck now, and will hopefully find a place to do a conversion here in a month or so. I'll write up my experience.

The Chevy/GMC I ruled out, because no solid front axle. I do really want a manual trans, and for that reason alone a 2010+ Ram was on the shopping list, but it looks like you need to rip all the emission stuff off/run a tuner to get reasonable milage, the clutch needs to be upgraded if you do run a tuner, and a lot of the other aftermarket stuff is more difficult/expensive to find for the Ram than the F350 - not to mention they don't come stock with a "proper" rear locking diff like you can get on the 2011+ Fords. I would like to have a Cummins engines for getting parts in Aus however (and finding a mechanic to work on it if I can't be arsed), and it actually has some room in the engine bay to spin a wrench.