View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:41 PM
R. Victor
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Love them all if they have been restored with dignity

The first car I remember having in our family was a used 1947 4dr Chevy that Dad bought in 1951. Then in 1954 he bought a new Ford Crestline 4dr which became my first car in 1962. 94 Thousand miles on it and other than a slight rear main seal leak it ran fine. I drove it for for 7 months and when Dad traded it in on a 1962 Fairlane 500 it was still running good with 102 thousand on it. Since then I've restored a 1969 Mach 1 390cu, top loader 4 speed--sold to the VP of the Hershey Choclate company, a 1967 modified Courgar with a 428 SCJ engine-- sold to the VP of Marketing at Harrahs, and a 1963 Ford Falcon Futura with a 302cu, 4 speed, 373 posi rear--sold to a friend. All gone now to pay for my daughters weddings. I am on this forum because I am waiting for a 1961 Ford F100 that needs some minor resto at least in the pictures and the info from the seller. It will be delievered for inspection this coming Tuesday or Wednsday. Hope its as good as the pictures indicate and the honesty of the seller because at my age I don't want spend time and money to fix it up. Neither timer nor money is on my side. I have had some very good advice from the members of this forum and love to see what others have done with their projects. Thanks, may God bless you all. I am trying the early 60's Truck and/or ranchero route now! Any suggestions? Best Regards from a conservative, Christian Patriot and ford man. I like all vintage vehicles if they have been fixed or restored properly--even AMC Germlins. You get sentimenatl at my age. ron