View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Chuck Woolery
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to check on the solenoids, I know they reflashed it. Mine is a very early build.

I have a code scanner, but that dang thing wouldn't work either. It was not my day, the truck died, the code scanner wouldn't work, and when I was going to empty some sand bags out of the back of the truck my lawn tractor died. To top it all off I blew the clutch out on my Mustang the next day driving that to work. I have 3 vehicles and so far only my wife's Explorer is in drivable condition. I had to resort to borrowing my dads truck to get around, rather embarrassing.

My truck is at the dealer now, hopefully they'll get a chance to look at it today finally. I'm crossing my fingers that it's a bad coil or something as it didn't really sound mechanical nor sound like it got worse after it started happening.

As far as whether or not the truck would run on 15 spark plugs, it would. I pulled each individual plug wire and restarted the truck each time to determine which cylinder it was. There was never a change in how it sounded, then I realized that there was two plugs per cylinder.