Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Your going to probably discover that vo and brass dont get along very well.
Stainless or aluminum fittings/valves are recommended.

If you go ahead with the build using brass... im not going to jump on the brow beating bandwagon... im curious too... just maybe be really cautious and every once in a while crack the connections open to look for polymer buildup.

Did some experimenting with contaminated steel drums...
Had like less than half a quart of clean, New motor oil...
Sucked up about 3 gallons of wvo... let it sit for a few minutes and then blew it out...
What came out was an instantly polymerized sludge... almost white in color... with about a 1/8" of clear oil on top.

After a week... the skim on top hasnt changed... but a separation has started to occur within the glob... darker fluid dropping to bottom...

Would hate to hear that you got all clogged up... that stuff isnt fun...

Ooo... i also had a nice "Shure" diaphragm pump that got wmo and wvo mixed inside the pump body...

Locked up solid... its a paperweight now.

Are you incorporating any check valves on your feeds to eliminate cross contamination?

My system as planned...

D2 system will remain stock... the spin on i installed last year and with wvo in mind will be rerouted for the vegi tank... there is already a oem style fuel tank switcher...

Im going to incorporate that guy by:

The return line to the vo tank is getting removed/capped.

Check valves will go between lines and the heads so vo doesnt backfeed into d2 system
Same for the other system... check valves will keep d2 from contaminating the vo system.

2 pumps...
Oem pump will continue to pump d2 as always...
2nd pump on the vo side...

Oem pump is getting no changes...
It will run continuously...

The vo pump will be slightly higher psi so when it gets flipped on... vo pressure will close off the d2 and take over...

Rerouting the return for vo to the vo fuel pickup in between the tank and pump...
One more check valve to keep that hot vo from going in the tank...

I live in south Texas... i really dont need to heat my whole tank.

Eventually i want to do a bowl delete/full regulated return... but im hoping this will work for now.