View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Orpackrat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Christof13T
Have not even started getting parts yet to convert my truck...
I have a different idea for a heat transfer setup and switching...
I just got an initial order in to convert my truck, the initial setup is a new fuel switch just before the existing fuel pump and a mega Vegtherm on the fuel just as it exits the tank and another just before the injector pump.

Thinking about getting a temperature switch so when I start up my truck, even if I flip the switch to go to SVO, it won't switch until its warmed up, then I will only have to switch back before shutting down.

The eventual planned system will be a switch at the injector pump with an electric pumped SVO, trucks mech pump on the regular diesel, double filter (each fuel its own), designing a system to use aluminum semi fuel tanks, cut them open to insert a looping high quality SS heat exchanger from the engine on a booster pump and welding it back together. Planned system is to use duel 100-125 Gallon tanks under a custom flatbed I will be putting on my truck. (I need big tanks because I have planned road trips of over 3000 miles).

Love to hear your idea's on converting your truck, I may have to borrow some of the idea's and improve on my own .