View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Orpackrat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genscripter
that's great. Much better than hastily making a system.

This can be dangerous. There is a small period of time when you can safely start and stop on veg, but I limit that to a ten minute period after shutting down an up-to-temp engine. If I know I'm going to have the engine off for more than ten minutes, then I do a full purge prior to shutdown.

The ingredients for polymerization are oxygen, reactive metal, heat, time, and idle grease. Leaving sitting veg in steel lines for extended periods of time will eventually result in polymerization of your fuel system, and especially since that is after your filter, it's risking a lot.

Starting and stopping on Diesel isn't the worst thing.
If starting and stopping on WVO does not work out, doing it on Diesel is just fine. I like to build and invent things. Try and do something better. If it does not work out, then it doesn't, no big deal.

The final system plan (as of now) is to have the tank transfer switch just before the injector pump, run a duel fuel filter system so I don't heat the Diesel Itself (as I understand it, you loose lubrication properties when you heat the diesel).